Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Ready for some... Progress?

My clamps arrived Monday, and most of the electronics arrived today. I say most because my package was missing one product... the $275 speed controller. Now I'm not saying it's foul play, but the most expensive item in the group goes missing?

Well anyway. I started work on the frame, which is pretty simple. After seeing the clamps, I'm actually pretty confident in their ability to keep the pipe in place. If not... the clamps are steel, the pipe is steel, and my original plan was to weld it anyway.

Here's a picture of the nearly finished frame. It still needs brackets to hold on the rear axle, and holes drilled in the front for steering. Note: That bar in front is just to line stuff up. The finished product will have a larger wheelbase. The entire frame is also upside-down.

Frame

Update: The controller ships from the manufacturer, not EVUsa, the retailer I got it from. No worries.

No comments: