Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Turn for the worse...

This project is looking more and more grim. Stuff isn't coming in, I can't find ANY parts to fit what I need, and now the motor is on the fritz. Buying a new motor is out of the question and I wouldn't know how to mount it, considering the special way this one was built.

So here's the deal... I've got to give a report on this failing project in about a week. I have a strong feeling that this thing will not be finished by then.

I'm very frustrated right now. I couldn't get the motor for a while, then there was some trouble with the fittings, and electronics, which set me back about ten days, and I couldn't order the rear axle parts until I knew what size the wheels were. Then I straight up couldn't FIND a rear axle for the longest time, and since I ordered it some 8 days ago, it still hasn't shipped. And absolutely nobody has any sprockets that will fit my motor and axle.

I need a machine shop of my own. Or just be in college.

And apparently I'm supposed to write 6 more blog posts. It didn't seem hard to do when I started this project, but since I've been able to do absolutely nothing for a week, it's all gotta happen in the next six days, which it entirely ISN'T.

I should have just done something easier, more defined, like an internship. Am I prepared for the adult world? Apparently not.

No comments: