Thursday, May 3, 2007

Taking it slow

Yeah, I haven't updated in a while... What with this fittings situation and ordering the electronics, I've basically entered shipping limbo, as I wait for my stuff to arrive. I've kinda hit a roadblock. I need to figure out how I'm going to transfer the power from the motor to the wheel now. The wheel has a keyed groove in it, which shouldn't be a problem, but the motor shaft doesn't. A sprocket with a setscrew probably wouldn't be strong enough, so I'll either have to take it some place to mill a groove in it, or somehow figure out a way to use the hole drilled in the end to my advantage. The hole was used to keep a starter gear thing from coming off the shaft. My other option is to see if I can use that starter gear thing... it's a bit hard to explain exactly what it is. Anyway, When I finally get the stuff in, it will be nice to make some progress again.

No comments: